2012-02-13

The Twenty Fifth Blog Of Trig - Significance

I had my arm around her shoulder. She had hers around my waist. We stood in the garden looking up at the stars as the clouds blew swiftly past, illuminated by the bright full moon that shined down on us through light clouds that bent a rainbow-halo around it. I commented on how peaceful it was. She didn't answer. There was no need to. The peaceful silence agreed wholeheartedly.
"I sometimes look up at the sky and I feel so, insignificant," she said. I look at the stars, focusing on one, then another. I wait for the right response to come. The right response is not something I always feel I can deduce from thought. Sometimes I just have to wait for it to just come rather than thinking too hard. My response came without effort.
"Existence is the only significance."

Existence is the only significance.
So simple. So true. So elusive.
Top of the food chain.
Cap on the pyramid.
Existence is the only significance.
The foundation of everything we hold dear.
The substance of experience.
Existence is the only significance.

PoEPIC!

This is 'Twenty Fifth Blog of Trig' signing off...

1 comment: