2013-08-06

The Forty Second Blog Of Trig - Torture

I expect there's lots of people who could say that they torture themselves psychologically. I think that perhaps if we were honest with ourselves we could all probably say that we torture ourselves to some extent. We torture ourselves with worry. We torture ourselves with fear. We torture ourselves with lust, jealousy, hatred and anger. We torture ourselves with regret. We torture ourselves because we do not understand these feelings we have named within ourselves. To understand them is to overcome them. We should study ourselves, our thoughts and feelings, see how they arise, understand them and conquer them. In conquering them we conquer ourselves.

I have sometimes consciously imagined my worst nightmares happening to me. I have pushed my mind to face my deepest darkest fears. It used to happen from time-to-time spontaneously, and it was something that disturbed me somewhat. Over time I progressively faced these demons, stared them in the face and called them out. As I defeated these demons, I found more ready to replace them, more difficult ones, and I defeated them too, but they just kept on coming, getting bigger and more powerful. I still have many powerful demons to defeat, but I believe that to defeat these demons is to achieve peace. I feel confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment